This is part of the Working with Global Teams series
Previous Post: Working with Global Teams: Pesky Time Zones Revisited
A friend of mine,Shoaib Ahmed, has an excellent blog on Agile, and Project Management.
He’s based in New Zealand, and as New Zealand is literally so far away from “the rest of the world” (said with a cheeky wink), he has a pretty good idea of some of the challenges that are met when working in a globally dispersed group.
Shoaib’s latest post goes into this in more detail. He mentions things such as time difference, culture, and reporting lines. Click here to read what he says.
- How do I manage a distributed team? (Shoaib’s original post)
- Cultural Dimensions – How people from different countries and cultures are…different
- Working with Global Teams: Date Formats
- Working with Global Teams: Pesky Time Zones
- Working with Global Teams: Pesky Time Zones – Revisited
- Working with Global Teams: e-mail confirmation
- 8 Tips for Teaming Across Time Zones (openforum.com)